17 Ways to Promote Your Book for Free
Your book is done! Now, how the heck do you get it out to readers?
That is a problem many business owners turned authors face. In fact, most self-published authors run into this problem….and if this is you, I have 17 FREE ways to get your book into the hands of readers, buyers, and fans!
So, your expert book is done (woohoo!)
Now is the time to get it out to the masses. Fortunately, in today’s digital world, there are no more gatekeepers. You can self-publish and handle all of your promotions yourself.
And that is both good and bad news.
You’re a business owner, not a book promoter – so what do you do?
Promote Your Book
I have 17 free methods for getting the word out about your amazing book and the value it has to offer.
- Run a simple contest and give away some copies of your book as prizes. Make it a challenge to create a buzz and get your audience involved.
- Offer a free digital version on Kindle Direct Publishing. This free-to-use program on Amazon lets you run a limited-time freebie offer.
- Promote your book on author websites like Goodreads and Booktalk. These websites offer a variety of tools to help you get the word out. You’re an author now, so use these cool author tools!
- Make videos for YouTube and share them on social media. Discuss topics related to your book and offer help in solving your audience’s problems.
- Start a simple podcast and discuss topics related to your business – and your book. You can also interview others or even take listener calls.
- Issue a press release that announces your book launch or a related event for your book.
- Share some free samples of your book with social media followers, email subscribers, or your group members. Ask them to offer feedback and write reviews for your book.
- Write guest posts for blogs in your market to gain exposure and widen your audience even more.
- Get interviewed on related podcasts or YouTube channels. Reach out to people in your market who have large, active followings.
- Build yourself an online community. Make a digital group based around your book’s topic where you lead weekly discussions and help people solve their problems. This will not only help you sell copies but also build buzz.
- Set up a book tour. Go to local bookstores and libraries and talk about your topic.
- Offer a free webinar where you help people deal with related problems. You can pitch your book as a solution at some point during the sessions.
- Join your local Business Chamber of Commerce and look for opportunities to speak to businesses in your community.
- Write articles on your topic. Take problems related to your book that you can solve for your audience and turn each solution into a blog post on your website. Be sure to share these articles on social.
- Create visual content related to your book’s topic to share on social sites like Instagram and Pinterest. It can be as simple as a quote from your book over a nice background image.
- Offer a free digital eBook that teaches something related or just one subtopic from your book. In the eBook, you can include a pitch for the full book.
- Set up a Free chapter for download so people can get a taste of your book. Use an automated email sequence to follow up with those that sign up so they can learn more about you and your book.
Would you like to learn more about how to successfully promote and market your next book? Check out my program, the Author Exposure Blueprint. It teaches you the ‘how to’ of the process so you can finally get the exposure your book deserves.
ABOUT TORIE MATHIS
Torie Mathis helps entrepreneurs, business owners, and CEOs showcase their authority with an expert book and a buzz-worthy personal brand. She is a best-selling author, Army veteran, speaker + trainer, and your mentor to creating the business+ life you love. She is the founder of the Author Exposure Blueprint, the Smart Arsenal, and the host of SMART AF.